[CLOSED] Job Posting – Senior Development Officer (SDO)
|Position title||Senior Development Officer|
|Organization||Egale Canada Human Rights Trust|
|Reports to||Director of Development|
|Term||Contract – 12 month term (possibility of extension)|
|Level | Salary||Senior (Experienced Hire) | Competitive (Level 3, Band 4)|
|Benefits||Comprehensive Benefits after 6 month probationary period|
|Location | Hours||185 Carlton St, Toronto | Mon – Fri 10am – 6pm|
|Application deadline||5:00pm EST Friday 30th August, 2016|
|Apply by||Resume and cover letter to email@example.com|
Egale Canada Human Rights Trust (Egale) works to improve the lives of LGBTQI2S people by informing public policy, inspiring cultural change, and promoting human rights and inclusion through research, education and community engagement. The acronym LGBTQI2S references all people with diverse gender identities and experiences of attraction (sexual orientation), including those who identify as two spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, questioning, or intersex.
Egale’s vision is a Canada, and ultimately a world, without homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and all other forms of oppression so that every person can achieve their full potential, free from hatred and bias.
The Senior Development Officer (SDO), a new role in the organization, joins an existing development team of 2 and is responsible for implementing all aspects of our strategy for sustaining and growing our base of individual donors and corporate partners. Reporting to the Director of Development, and in collaboration with other members of the Egale team, the Senior Development Officer (SDO) is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors and corporate partners. In addition to managing the day-to-day activities with this portfolio, including serving as primary point of contact for donor care, the SDO is a key participant in the development of overall strategy, event plans, communications materials, and stewardship plans.
Job Responsibility #1: Major Giving, Communication and Stewardship (40% of time):
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of Egale programs and use this to create opportunities for donors
- Grow and manage a portfolio of individual and corporate prospects and donors.
- Collaborate with the Development Team to 1) create targeted solicitation materials which inspire donors to give to the organization; and 2) establish a regular and engaging cycle of compelling and strategic communication for donors.
- Develop and maintain an efficient stewardship process that ensures all donors receive personalized and timely communication and acknowledgement.
- Develop and execute stewardship events that enrich and deepen connections to the organization.
Job Responsibility #2: Events (30% of time):
- Plan and execute the portfolio of existing development-focused events, including annual Gala & Awards and Out in Fashion, taking a lead role in ensuring revenue goals are met and budgets are managed as required.
- Scale up the Out in Fashion event scope from local to national.
- Launch a new pledge-based athletic (run/walk) event in Toronto.
- Develop strong relationships with volunteers to create committees that work to achieve and surpass fundraising goals.
- Collaborate on the development of ideas for cultivation, stewardship and other development events.
Job Responsibility #3: Donor Care (20% of time):
- Process donations and issue tax receipts as necessary.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all inbound donor inquiries.
- Conduct proactive donor account maintenance and ensures monthly billing info is accurate and current.
- Design and implement quarterly donor survey (representative sample size), analyze results and report on trends and issues.
Job Responsibility #4: Performs Other Duties as Assigned (10% of time):
- Assists the development team in meeting deadlines for projects, including but not limited to grant submissions, that may fall outside primary job responsibilities.
- Attends all Egale development events and strives to attend events organized by other departments (Research & Policy / Programs & Services).
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of progressive development experience with demonstrated success in major gifts, relationship management, stewardship, and event management.
- Familiarity with the LGBTQI2S community and LGBTQI2S human rights more generally.
- Knowledge of national philanthropic communities that support community development.
- A team player with an attitude of service and the ability to motivate others.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, capable of working effectively with Campaign Co-Chairs, Board Members, the Executive Director, consultants and donors/prospects.
- Computer fluency in MS Office, donor database software, web applications, and knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic communication in fundraising.
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset.
- Valid driver’s licence is an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 30th at 5:00pm.
Director of Development
Employment Equity and Diversity
Egale Canada Human Rights Trust is committed to ensuring that members of traditionally marginalized groups, from a broad range of communities, feel empowered to apply for positions within the organization. We encourage qualified applicants to consider work and volunteer opportunities with Egale as we recognize that a diverse work force and volunteer base are critical to accomplishing our mission. The organization is dedicated to taking proactive steps to overcome historical patterns of discrimination in our society which have created barriers of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, language, class, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression for some individuals and have resulted in the denial of their full participation in society.