EGALE PLANNED GIVING – GIFTS THROUGH A WILL/ESTATE
A bequest is a future gift that doesn’t cost you anything during your lifetime.
To leave a gift to Egale Canada, you don’t have to rewrite your existing will. A simple addition to your will – called a codicil – is all you need.
This gift may ease the burden of probate fees (fees paid to the government when establishing your will). A gift through your will can also provide you with a tax benefit.
- A gift in your will is an effective way to reduce estate taxes.
- Egale Canada will issue an official receipt for the full value of the bequest.
- Your gift can be made for any amount.
- You can choose to make changes to your will at any time.
WAYS TO LEAVE A GIFT IN YOUR WILL:
- Leave a percentage of your estate.
- Leave a specific dollar amount.
- Leave a residual bequest – share of the remainder of your estate after other needs are met.
- Or, leave a contingent bequest – a share of your estate after your other beneficiaries have passed on.
Your lawyer can help you decide which approach is best-suited for your situation.
- Our legal name is Egale Canada Human Rights Trust and our charitable registration number is 88856-1065-RR0001.
- We encourage you to seek professional advice to ensure that your financial goals are considered, your tax situation reviewed and that your planned gift is tailored to best fit your requirements. The information provided here is intended as an overview and does not constitute financial advice.
For more information or for a bequest commitment form, please contact our Development team at email@example.com or 416-964-7887