[CLOSED] Job Posting – HR ManagerHR Manager - Job Posting
|Position title||Human Resources Manager|
|Organization||Egale Canada Human Rights Trust|
|Department||Finance and HR|
|Reports to||Executive Director|
|Level / Salary range||Senior (Experienced Hire) / Competitive|
|Application deadline||Open till filled|
|Apply by||Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com|
Egale Canada Human Rights Trust (Egale) is Canada’s only national charity promoting human rights based on sexual orientation and gender identity through research, education and community engagement. Egale’s vision is a Canada, and ultimately a world, without homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, and all other forms of oppression, so that every person can achieve their full potential, free from hatred and bias.
The Manager, Human Resources is responsible for providing HR leadership and support to the organization. Through understanding organizational culture and strategic plan they will be expected to help anticipate, plan for and implement employee solutions that maximize support to the organization. As the first point of contact for requirements related to Human Resources, they are accountable for providing professional, strategic and hands-on operational support to enable the organization to attract, manage, develop and retain employees.
Specifically this position is accountable for:
- Providing a wide range of Human Resources expertise, solutions and consulting services to support and enable maximum performance effectiveness through people.
- Supporting and/or leading the development and implementation of various programs and initiatives in relation to recruitment, performance management, compensation management, recognition, organization effectiveness, retention, training delivery, HR policy & procedures and health & safety.
- Providing excellent professional guidance and advice in various HR disciplines to ensure all internal policies and legal requirements are met.
Roles and Responsibilities
Recruitment & Resourcing
- Work closely with management team to support them in the development of job descriptions and materials required for job evaluation.
- Lead the development of recruitment strategy and plans to support recruiting needs.
- Develop interviewing guide for each position to reflect required skill, competency and values requirements.
- Conduct timely, professional and thorough interviews and reference checks to confirm fit, competency and skill of candidates.
- Facilitate decision process to conclusion, providing advice and guidance to assist management in their decision and to ensure a fair, objective and equitable decision process.
- Provide advice and counsel on a range of employee relations issues including
- Coaching managers on performance improvement discussions and performance improvement plans. Where necessary, facilitate discussions between manager and employee in helping resolve situations.
- Ensure compliance with policies and employment standards in each and every employee relations situation.
- Planning and facilitating all terminations to ensure standards and best practices followed.
Performance Appraisal & Compensation Management
- Support the annual performance appraisal & compensation program roll out across the organization, presenting the program goals to the management team and facilitating their application. Work with management to review department recommendations to ensure fair and equitable application of guidelines.
Performance Effectiveness Management
- Work with management to help identify and assess HR issues that may be affecting the performance of the team. Use diagnostic approach to reviewing the issues to ensure “holistic” view of people requirements.
- Proactively work with data available to understand, identify, analyze patterns for attention or action and counsel management on approaches and solutions.
- Provide guidance and recommended solutions on a wide array of performance effectiveness issues including, role clarity, structure, performance management, management skills gaps, analysis and development plans, talent development, succession planning and team building.
- Proactively work with managers to provide advice and counsel on absence management cases, including Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
- Facilitate and support effective return to work phase; coordinate with manager to facilitate any accommodation requirements
Training and Orientation Delivery
- As assigned, deliver directly and or co-facilitate delivery of training programs to support organization learning needs.
- In conjunction with managers facilitate new employee orientation and on-boarding.
Employee Data Administration/HR Policies & Procedures
- Ensure high general understanding and compliance with HR policies and practices.
- Educate and ensure managers know their accountabilities and obligations in relation to employee management and employee data administration.
- Providing leadership, coaching and guidance in an organization undergoing change
- Flexibility, patience and creative problem solving will be important
- Able to balance between provincial and national priorities
- Working remotely and across different time zones
- Managing multiple stakeholder needs and timelines
- University degree combined with a CHRP designation.
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of progressive experience in human resources and an understanding of HR as a strategic function.
- Proven critical thinking and ability to assess risk and create plans to mitigate
- Excellent project management experience
- Collaborative HR professional with experience supporting multiple provinces
- Discretion, confidentiality and sound judgment
- Flexibility and ability to work with a wide range of people in building effective relationships
- Strong proficiency in core Microsoft Office suite of products
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with the LGBTQ2S community and LGBTQ2S human rights more generally
- Willingness to participate in ongoing learning.
- An understanding of and deep commitment to Egale’s mission and vision.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit, LGBTQ2S community and/or social justice environment.
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
Interested candidates must submit a Resume and Cover Letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Equity and Diversity
Egale Canada Human Rights Trust is committed to ensuring that members of traditionally marginalized groups, from a broad range of communities, feel empowered to apply for positions within the organization. We encourage qualified applicants to consider work and volunteer opportunities with Egale as we recognize that a diverse work force and volunteer base are critical to accomplishing our mission. The organization is dedicated to taking proactive steps to overcome historical patterns of discrimination in our society which have created barriers of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, language, class, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression for some individuals and have resulted in the denial of their full participation in society.