Job Posting – IT Administrator
Job Posting – IT Administrator
|Reports to||Director of Operations|
|Posting type||Internal / External|
|Level / Salary range||Non-Management, Competitive|
|Application deadline||Until Filled|
|Apply email@example.com – Note Job Title in Subject Line|
Egale Canada Human Rights Trust (Egale) works to improve the lives of LGBTQI2S people by informing public policy, inspiring cultural change, and promoting human rights and inclusion through research, education and community engagement. Egale’s vision is a Canada, and ultimately a world, without homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and all other forms of oppression so that every person can achieve their full potential, free from hatred and bias.
Our work, individually and collectively, is guided by a set of six commitments which are at the very heart of everything we do:
Integrity – We Lead with Integrity
Diversity – We Embrace Diversity
Growth – We Foster Growth
Learning – We are Always Learning
Collaboration – We are Stronger Together
Intention – We Act with Purpose
This is An Exciting Opportunity To…
Work with us in our Toronto office, in a full-time permanent role, and under the direction of the Director of Operations…
- Administer systems – install and maintain hardware and software, including server and desktop computers, databases, operating systems (Windows, Linux etc) routers and switches, cabling etc.
- Maintain and update system asset inventory records, perform daily system monitoring, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Monitor systems including desktop, server, and network performance and trouble-shoot / resolve issues pro-actively
- Apply updates, perform maintenance, hardware upgrades, and system optimization to ensure optimal performance of systems at all times.
- Track, investigate and resolve technical issues via ticketed helpdesk system efficiently and effectively.
- Communicate proactively with end-users on system issues and provide timely support and resolution for IT issues.
- Assist with IT project management and the selection, implementation, testing and roll out of new IT solutions and provide training and support to end users as necessary
- Assist with IT policy development such as business continuity, data retention and security etc
- Maintain and manage all IT documentation including infrastructure and configuration documentation, disaster recovery plans, software licences, user help guides, etc.
- Oversee data management, including efforts to standardize data entry and ensure quality data is available for reporting and analysis by senior staff
- Prepare hardware, software, credentials and access for new employees prior to start date
- And other duties, as directed, for the delivery of the department’s strategic priorities and/or to meet key deadlines.
We’re Passionate About Finding Someone Who…
- Is highly organized, self-motivated, customer-oriented and able to work well independently as well as within a team.
- Prides themselves on being agile, flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Has demonstrated time management skills and the ability to multitask, and thrives while working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Has a voracious aptitude and appetite for learning and implementing new technologies as they emerge.
- Has College/University education in a relevant field, IE Information Technology Management, or equivalent work experience.
- Has at least 2 years experience with demonstrated background in IT administration / support of IT operations.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem solving skills are essential, with demonstrated ability to solve IT-related issues effectively and efficiently.
- Working knowledge of: Firewall, MS Office, SQL server, Windows, Trouble-Shooting Software, Deployments Software Hardware, Linux, Solaris, UNIX and web-based tools and resources.
- Has a high level of knowledge in the area of IT security best practices.
- Brings a strong understanding of intersectionality and Anti-Racist and Anti-Oppression practices
- Has experience working in a not-for-profit, LGBTQI2S community and/or social justice environment
- Has knowledge / lived experience with the diverse experiences and identities of LGBTQI2S communities
We’d Like You To Know…
Applications will be considered as they are received until the position is filled. While we thank all candidates for their application, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require an accommodation (including alternate format materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Egale’s Statement on Employment Equity and Diversity
Egale Canada Human Rights Trust is committed to ensuring that members of traditionally marginalized groups, from a broad range of communities, feel empowered to apply for positions within the organization. We encourage qualified applicants to consider work and volunteer opportunities with Egale as we recognize that a diverse work force and volunteer base are critical to accomplishing our mission. The organization is dedicated to taking proactive steps to overcome historical patterns of discrimination in our society which have created barriers of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, language, class, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression for some individuals and have resulted in the denial of their full participation in society.
Join Our Team and Be Part of Our Mission!
To put forward your candidacy, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Please specify position title in subject line.