Job Posting – Senior Grants Officer
Job Posting –
|Reports to||Director of Development|
|Level / Salary range||Support/Admin|
|Location||185 Carlton Street East|
|Application deadline||Open until filled|
|Apply email@example.com – Note Job Title in Subject Line|
Egale Canada Human Rights Trust (Egale) works to improve the lives of LGBTQI2S people by informing public policy, inspiring cultural change, and promoting human rights and inclusion through research, education and community engagement. Egale’s vision is a Canada, and ultimately a world, without homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and all other forms of oppression so that every person can achieve their full potential, free from hatred and bias.
Our work, individually and collectively, is guided by a set of six commitments which are at the very heart of everything we do:
Integrity – We Lead with Integrity
Diversity – We Embrace Diversity
Growth – We Foster Growth
Learning – We are Always Learning
Collaboration – We are Stronger Together
Intention – We Act with Purpose
This is An Exciting Opportunity To…
Work with us in our Toronto office, on full time basis, in permanent role and…
Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Senior Development Officer, Grants will be performing the following:
- Administer and manage the full cycle of grants, aligned with Egale’s strategic mission and direction, including but not limited to: research, prepare proposals, manage planning and execution, regular communications with stakeholders, writing reports etc.
- Conduct new prospect research and analysis, develop briefing notes, presentations and grant proposals
- Gather competitive information and identify potential opportunities and challenges in government funding, private foundations and corporate community/corporate foundations
- Write grant applications, proposals, and solicitation letters for Corporate and Foundation donors for a broad range of programs and initiatives
- Maintain regular communications with assigned stakeholders, address any concern, inquiry from stakeholders
- Review and provide guidance to Development Officer and provide process improvement opportunities
- And other duties, as directed, for the delivery of the department’s strategic priorities and/or to meet key deadlines.
We’re Passionate About Finding Someone Who…
- Completion of post secondary degree or diploma in communications, political science, business administration, marketing or equivalent
- Strategic thinker with a project management mindset
- 3-5 years of institutional full cycle fundraising experience, with a focus on grant writing and prospect research, ideally with experience as a coach or mentor
- Ability to deal with conflicts and organized to create and/or refine processes
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with successful track record in crafting effective and compelling proposals, reports and budgets to meet specified guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to build long-term relationships with donors, using skill, tact, discretion and compassion
- Excellent negotiations skills with the ability to influence decisions to achieve objectives while maintaining policy
- Proven ability to multi-task in a busy environment, to work well under pressure, and to prioritize tasks appropriately while meeting time-sensitive demands.
- Bilingual (English/French) is a definite asset
- Brings a strong understanding of intersectionality and Anti-Racist and Anti-Oppression practices
- Has experience working in a not-for-profit, LGBTQI2S community and/or social justice environment
- Has knowledge / lived experience with the diverse experiences and identities of LGBTQI2S communities
We’d Like You To Know…
Applications will be considered as they are received until the position is filled. While we thank all candidates for their application, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require an accommodation (including alternate format materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Egale’s Statement on Employment Equity and Diversity
Egale Canada Human Rights Trust is committed to ensuring that members of traditionally marginalized groups, from a broad range of communities, feel empowered to apply for positions within the organization. We encourage qualified applicants to consider work and volunteer opportunities with Egale as we recognize that a diverse work force and volunteer base are critical to accomplishing our mission. The organization is dedicated to taking proactive steps to overcome historical patterns of discrimination in our society which have created barriers of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, language, class, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression for some individuals and have resulted in the denial of their full participation in society.
Join Our Team and Be Part of Our Mission!
To put forward your candidacy, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Egale Canada HR Department
Please specify position title in subject line.