Out in Print Literary Bursary 2015 – Deadline Nov 30
- Applicants must be queer and/or trans-spectrum identified.
- Applicants must be female-identified.
- Applicants must never before been published in book form and without book contract.
- Applicants may be of any age.
- Applicants must live in Canada (but do not need to be a Canadian citizen)
Egale Canada Human Rights Trust is committed to ensuring that members of traditionally marginalized groups, those of various race, colour, religion, national origin, age, disability, language, and class, have equal opportunity to apply and be awarded the Out in Print Literary bursary 2015.
- Submission must be an original piece of writing by the author. Genres may include poetry, or a fictional or non-fictional novel.
- We are currently only accepting complete manuscripts at this time, and NOT accepting samples of works completed or in progress.
The recipient of the 2015 Out in Print Literary Bursary will receive:
- A $3,500 cash price
- Interior and cover design for their published work
- Publication within Canada through Breakwater Books Ltd.
- All entries must be submitted via mailing address below.
- Entries must be unpublished and not currently under consideration by any other publisher.
- Entries must be typed, double-spaced and submitted on 8 x 11.5 paper. Entries should be free of spelling errors and grammatical errors.
- All pages must be numbered.
- Every manuscript entry must include a title page. To ensure impartial judging, please do not include anything other than the title of your work on that page.
- There must be no identifying marks on the manuscript to ensure impartial judging.
- Manuscripts will not be returned. Following the contest all copies of manuscripts will be recycled in a confidential manner.
- A completed application form must be submitted with your work.
Entries should be submitted to:
Out in Print Literary Bursary 2015
Egale Canada Human Rights Trust
185 Carlton Street
Toronto, ON M5A 2K7
Note: Only award winners will be contacted. Egale will contact you via telephone if you are the chosen candidate. If you are unavailable to answer, we will leave a message.
Results of the contest will be posted on egale.ca.