Project Manager – Transitional Housing
Job Posting –
|Reports to||Director of Operations|
|Level / Salary range||Project Management|
|Location||185 Carlton Street|
|Application deadline||For external applicant, Position will be open until filled|
|Apply firstname.lastname@example.org – Note Job Title in Subject Line|
Egale Canada Human Rights Trust (Egale)’s vision is a Canada, and ultimately a world, without homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and all other forms of oppression so that every person can achieve their full potential, free from hatred and bias. The acronym LGBTQI2S references all people with diverse gender identities and experiences of attraction (sexual orientation), including those who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, questioning, intersex, or Two Spirit.
Our work, individually and collectively, is guided by a set of six commitments which are at the very heart of everything we do:
Integrity – We Lead with Integrity
Diversity – We Embrace Diversity
Growth – We Foster Growth
Learning – We are Always Learning
Collaboration – We are Stronger Together
Intention – We Act with Purpose
Egale brings broad awareness to the challenges affecting the LGBTQI2S community and, through its services, resources, efforts and advocacy, aims to combat discrimination and protect LGBTQI2S youth and adults.
Anticipated opening in August 2019, Transitional Housing project is one of the many services the Egale charity provides to LGBTQI2S youth aged 16 to 29 in the community to stay sheltered and provide necessities for the short term and semi-long term. This service includes onsite crisis counselling and transition to stable housing case management, educational supports, social skills employment readiness programs and social enterprise.
Under the direction of Director of Operations and Director of Transitional Housing, the Project Manager is the primary point of contact assigned to independently manage and oversee the Transitional Housing project of $14 million+ portfolio. The incumbent plays an integral role to reduce execution risk and improve efficiency and effectiveness of delivery by ensuring timelines, capabilities and clear communications are consistently met across all stakeholders for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general status, analytical, reporting, financial, business and project control to executive management
- Conduct analysis and review project progress for post implementation analysis across the project and/or program supported
- Monitor and track critical data including milestones and ensures this information is communicated to project team, both internal and external, in a timely manner
- Coordinate project and/or programs in support of directors referring unusual issues, questions or problems as appropriate
- Responsible for the overall implementation of the project and for all aspects during the different phases of the project
- Support vendor management and strategic sourcing process and partnering with vendor(s) to ensure efficient and effective project delivery
- And other duties, as directed, for the success of the delivery to the project/department and/or to meet key deadlines.
We Are Passionate About Finding Someone Who
- 3-5 years of progressive project-related experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent experience) in Civil/Structural engineering, Construction Project Management or Architecture
- Experience working with Project Management System, with ability to interpret data and reports
- Must have strong technical knowledge and understanding of architectural structures, building systems, mechanical and electrical drawings, including understanding of city by-laws, permits, etc.
- Demonstrated organizational, project management and leadership skills
- Team player with ability to influence and achieve results through effective negotiation and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PMP certification or equivalent is considered a strong asset
- Occasional travel may be required
We’d Like You To Know…
Applications will be considered as they are received until the position is filled. While we thank all candidates for their application, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require an accommodation (including alternate format materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Egale’s Statement on Employment Equity and Diversity
Egale Canada Human Rights Trust is committed to ensuring that members of traditionally marginalized groups, from a broad range of communities, feel empowered to apply for positions within the organization. We encourage qualified applicants to consider work and volunteer opportunities with Egale as we recognize that a diverse work force and volunteer base are critical to accomplishing our mission. The organization is dedicated to taking proactive steps to overcome historical patterns of discrimination in our society which have created barriers of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, language, class, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression for some individuals and have resulted in the denial of their full participation in society.
Join Our Team and Be Part of Our Mission!
To put forward your candidacy, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Egale Canada HR Department at email@example.com
Please specify position title in subject line.